The plans are shaping up well for this event, and it promises to be a cracker!
Volunteers: THANKS to everyone who has volunteered – you’ll get a note shortly to confirm details. We’re pretty well organised for Saturday, but we could do with a few more volunteers on Sunday, particularly for safety boat crew. Don’t be shy. Drop me an e-mail at RearCommodoreSail@DalgetyBaySC.org or phone/ text 0780 225 8481
Sailors: If you are eligible – please sail – that’s what it is all about! This is a great opportunity to compete at an event on your ‘home turf’ – whether you are a keen racer, or if you would just like to give it a try. We’d rather see you sailing, and struggle a bit with helpers – we can always come and get you if we are stuck J
Course: There will be two separate race courses:
- Quality racing for Lasers/ Toppers/ & Optimists
- Off-shore course
- FUN racing for novices, particularly youth classes: Toppers/ Picos/ & Optimists, but all novices & all classes will be welcome – it would be particularly good to see some Mirrors & Fevas taking part.
- The course will be very close to the clubhouse – easily visible for parents.
- There will be encouragement; coaches; and sweeties J
- Please please please let’s see some of our club boats getting used at this event – book with Stewart Moss: 07740205887 email@example.com
Spectators: If you find yourself at a loose end for an hour or two this weekend, drop in to see what all the fuss is about – you’ll get coffee & cakes if you are lucky. If you’d like a better idea of what’s going on on the water, check out this handy introduction to racing
Evening Entertainment: There will be a free meal for all sailors, followed by live entertainment in the clubhouse.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Ian Renilson, Rear Commodore (Sail)