A new event for 2012, come along and join in the racing, or just come down with the family to watch and enjoy the après-sail!
- The racing will have some new features to add to the fun of the event and make it an event that all the family can sail in.
- There will be two fleets, each with their own start – the main fleet, and a novice fleet for those new or just starting to race.
- There will be advice and coach support for the novice fleet.
- There will be 6 short races run close to the shore on Saturday – it makes the racing easily seen from the shore, and if you have a bad race don’t worry – another one is coming soon!
- Sunday racing will be 3 races with a mix of courses to give all types of boats a good chance of a podium spot.
- Racing will start at 13.00 on both days (with a 12.00 briefing) – come early and have brunch at the club.
- Overall prizes will be awarded to both fleets based on 2 discards if 7 or more races sailed.
Now the important bit – the après-sail!
- Helen has organised the food and a ceilidh band for the Saturday night
- We will start serving the food from between 5.30 and 6 – so that dinner is before bedtime for all family members!
- The band – The Benarty Ceilidh Band – will play from 7 till 11 – so put those dancing shoes on.
…..and now more good news….the low cost entry fee, and even lower for juniors (under 18)
- For adult boats the fee for the weekend is £25 for a double hander, £15 for a single hander, including the meal and band tickets.
- For juniors the fee is £10 for a double hander, £5 for a single hander, again including the meal and band tickets.
- For those non-sailing family members who just want to eat and dance, extra tickets can be bought for £10 for adults, £5 for juniors.
COME AMD ENJOY THE NEW FUN EVENT – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY FORM AND SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY.