Gavin Adamson Race 2017 – POSTPONED


After some discussion and consideration of the weather forecast, George, our Race Officer, in consultation with others, has decided that the race should be postponed until 27 August.

If the weather forecast materialises, the conditions for RIB launching and race management would be difficult and potentially unsafe. We have also received a number of requests and one withdrawal from potential entrants. In the circumstances, we wanted to give people sufficient advance warning to avoid unnecessary journeys and boat movements and also give the opportunity to reorganise their weekend.

Rather than lose the race from the calendar and series, we intend to run it on 27 August, when the FYCA calendar is lighter and the tides are reasonable.

Revised SIs and start times will be issued in due course.

We look forward to seeing you in August.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s