Gavin Adamson Race 2017 – POSTPONED

After some discussion and consideration of the weather forecast, George, our Race Officer, in consultation with others, has decided that the race should be postponed until 27 August.

If the weather forecast materialises, the conditions for RIB launching and race management would be difficult and potentially unsafe. We have also received a number of requests and one withdrawal from potential entrants. In the circumstances, we wanted to give people sufficient advance warning to avoid unnecessary journeys and boat movements and also give the opportunity to reorganise their weekend.

Rather than lose the race from the calendar and series, we intend to run it on 27 August, when the FYCA calendar is lighter and the tides are reasonable.

Revised SIs and start times will be issued in due course.

We look forward to seeing you in August.